The Immigrant Legal Resource Center (ILRC) is offering an exciting, new opportunity for a Publication Sales Associate (SA) to promote sales of our legal publications to immigration law practitioners and institutional law libraries nation-wide. The ILRC is a national nonprofit legal support center located in San Francisco, California. We have been a self-publisher since the mid-1980’s, with a current library of 14 titles. The Sales Associate will promote ILRC’s publications and technical expertise in an effort to enhance our earned revenue, raise the profile of the organization, and fulfill our educational mission.
This is a newly created full time position, for the individual who is seeking to contribute to the growth and innovation of a unique nonprofit organization’s earned revenue venture. This position will participate in team-based marketing and sales promotions and efforts, and be hands-on with formulating strategic sales approaches.
Job Responsibilities: When not attending tradeshows or meetings, there will be a quota of 50-75 calls and/or emails per day to establish contact with the targeted list of prospects and existing customers on publications, and respond to all incoming sales questions regarding publications. Other specific responsibilities include:
- Enter prospect information into SalesForce and track status.
- Qualify prospects and determine decision maker.
- Maintain regular contact with all prospects and accounts.
- Provide weekly pipeline report to supervisor.
- Attend tradeshows and industry conferences to generate leads and close sales.
- Participate in Education Team meetings to provide customer feedback and discuss strategies.
- Meet monthly and yearly sales quota.
- Meet with local law library decision-makers.
- Cross-promote ILRC trainings & services as appropriate.
Customer Relations and Development
- Work to meet annual revenue goals as determined by the ILRC’s marketing/sales client acquisition strategies, in accordance with the Education Team Annual Work Plan.
- Represent ILRC at events, including ILRC-sponsored seminars and industry conferences.
- Provide customer service on a range of client inquiries.
- Process and manage Salesforce data entry for all contacts with publication lead prospects.
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in an inside sales role carrying a call and revenue quota.
- Cold calling experience of 70+ calls per day.
- Lead generation and a track record of closing sales.
- Experience using SalesForce CRM.
- Self-motivated, friendly and engaging personality.
- Experience selling publications and/or services to the legal market is highly desirable.
- Strong interest and passion for working at a non-profit and/or in the immigration field.
- Excellent phone and email writing skills.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills.
- Key strengths would be flexible in working with many personality types, resilient to rejection.
- Energetic, positive, with a “can-do” attitude.
- High ethical values and professionalism in all business dealings.
- Ability to travel locally and domestically throughout the year (approximately 4 times a year).
- Manage and work within budget and timeline goals, with an ability to complete work efficiently and communicate risks as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize work in the face of many demands on one's time.
- Work cooperatively with ILRC staff attorneys, administrative staff, Board, ILRC customers and vendors, and other ILRC stakeholders.
- A Bachelors degree is required.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive compensation package DOE. The ILRC provides competitive salaries, excellent benefits, health/dental/vision insurance, a flexible spending account for medical and dependent care, vacation, and sick leave. The ILRC sponsors a retirement plan option upon fulfillment of eligibility. The position is based at the ILRC San Francisco office (no telecommuting).
Applications: Interviews will begin in August, and candidate review will be considered immediately on an ongoing basis as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled, with an ideal start date in early fourth quarter 2014. To ensure consideration of your application, please submit a cover letter explaining your qualifications for the position and salary requirement, a resume, and the names of three references.
Please send your applications to:
Publication Sales Hiring Committee
1663 Mission Street, Suite 602
San Francisco, CA 94103
Fax: (415)255-9792 (no calls, please)
The ILRC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals to apply.