3rd Edition now available - expanded content and samples!
The U Visa: Obtaining Status for Immigrant Victims of Crime will guide you through the entire process of handling an immigration case for a U visa applicant – from eligibility screening for U nonimmigrant status through adjustment of status to assisting eligible family members and helping U nonimmigrants travel. In addition, this manual provides numerous practice pointers and sample materials to help in handling your client’s case. These include sample checklists, cover letters, declarations, receipt notices, and other correspondence you can expect to receive from USCIS, motions to submit to the immigration court, and more.
New features included in this edition:
- All-new, additional chapter on assisting U nonimmigrant clients with travel issues and consular processing
- New information on identifying and helping workplace victims of crime and working with the Department of Labor, EEOC or California DFEH for certification
- Updated information and developments related to U adjustment of status applications
- Expanded sections and samples for assisting family members through the I-929 petition process
- The latest information on addressing removal issues including prosecutorial discretion
- Several sample materials including applications and declarations for adjustment applications, consular processing, and outreach and explanatory materials for clients
For more details on specific chapters, go to the Sample Content tab and click Chapter Descriptions.