Families & Immigration: A Practical Guide is an essential tool for practitioners who assist in all aspects of family-sponsored immigration. This resource is designed for everyday practice by new and seasoned immigration attorneys, immigration paralegals, community-based organizations, and family immigration advocates.
This guide provides a comprehensive overview of family immigration law with clearly worded explanations, samples, and charts. It reaches all aspects of family-sponsored immigration, including a thorough examination of issues related to immigration through marriage. Both the legal requirements and procedural instructions are covered in detail. This tool is intended to guide you step-by-step through the process of filing a family-based visa petition, an adjustment of status, immigrant visa application or any other related form or application.
- Affidavit of support
- Adjustment of status
- Consular processing
- Child Status Protection Act
- Conditional residence and the Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence, including the corresponding waivers
- Grounds and waivers of inadmissibility, including the Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver
- Petition for Alien Relative
- 245(i) eligibility and grandfathering
- Violence Against Women Act and the self-petitioning process for immigrant victims of domestic violence
- Alternate immigration remedies that are available for victims of domestic violence
New in this Edition
- Updated practice tips on consular processing and important warnings for clients
- Expanded section on adjustment of status, including those with TPS, a parole entry and 245(i)
- Latest information on inadmissibility waivers, including provisional waivers