The Immigrant Legal Resource Center (ILRC) is seeking a full-time Publication Sales Associate based in our San Francisco office. This is an exempt position that reports to the Office Manager.
The ILRC is a national nonprofit legal support center located in San Francisco, California and Washington D.C. The mission of the ILRC is to work with, educate, and enhance the capacity of immigrants, community organizations, and the legal sector, in order to build a democratic society that values diversity, dignity, and the rights of all people. Founded in 1979, the ILRC is regarded as one of the foremost experts on engaging immigrants and developing their leadership in the democratic process, providing expertise on complex issues of immigration law, procedure and policy, and engaging in advocacy and educational initiatives on policies that affect immigrants. We are a team-based organization that makes most of its decisions in a collaborative fashion that allows for significant staff input.
The Publication Sales Associate will be responsible for promoting sales of our legal publications to immigration law practitioners and institutional law libraries nation-wide. The ILRC has been a self-publisher since the mid-1980s with a current library of 18 titles. The Sales Associate will promote ILRC’s publications and technical expertise in an effort to enhance our earned revenue, raise the profile of the organization, and fulfill our educational mission.
Job Responsibilities: The Publication Sales Associate will be responsible for:
- Meeting a customer engagement target of 75 - 100 calls and/or emails per day by reaching out to a targeted list of prospects.
- Achieving weekly, monthly and yearly revenue goals as determined by the ILRC’s marketing/sales client acquisition strategies.
- Following up on all new sales leads in a timely fashion.
- Providing customer service on a range of client inquiries related to the ILRC’s products.
- Entering prospect information into Salesforce and tracking status.
- Qualifying prospects and determining the decision-maker.
- Maintaining regular contact with all prospects and accounts.
- Preparing and submitting weekly pipeline reports.
- Representing the ILRC’s publications at tradeshows and meetings to generate leads and close sales.
- Participating in team meetings to provide customer feedback and discuss strategies.
- Cross-promoting ILRC trainings & services as appropriate.
- Travel required (10-20%).
- Occasional irregular hours, including evening and weekend work, is required.
- Performing any other duties as necessary.
- Associate’s degree. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years of inside sales experience carrying a call and revenue quota.
- Cold calling experience of 75+ calls per day.
- Lead generation and a track record of closing sales.
- Experience using Salesforce CRM or similar database.
- A coachable, flexible, self-motivated, friendly and engaging personality.
- Experience selling publications and/or services to the legal market is highly desirable.
- Strong interest and passion for working at a non-profit and/or in the immigration field.
- Excellent phone and email writing skills, communication and follow-up skills, and time-management skills.
- Key strengths would be flexible in working with many personality types, being resilient to rejection, and being energetic and positive.
- Proven problem-solving skills with a solutions-oriented focus and a can-do attitude.
- A strong work ethic, including the following qualities: organized, detail-oriented, flexible, reliable, goal-oriented, and dependable, with the ability to be an independent worker, and able to handle several projects simultaneously while thriving in a team-based collaborative decision-making environment.
- Ability to travel locally and domestically throughout the year.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
The annual pay range for this position is $55,000- $65,000. The ILRC offers excellent benefits, health/dental/vision insurance, a flexible spending account for medical and dependent care, vacation, and sick leave. The ILRC also sponsors a retirement plan option upon fulfillment of eligibility.
This position will remain open until filled. To ensure consideration, please submit a cover letter explaining your qualifications for and interest in the position, a resume, and the names of three references. Please send your application to:
Publication Sales Associate Hiring Committee
Email: job_sales [at] ilrc.org
Fax: (415) 255-9792 (no calls, please)
Mail: Immigrant Legal Resource Center, 1663 Mission Street, Suite 602, San Francisco, CA 94103
The ILRC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals to apply.