Training Coordinator – San Francisco, CA
The Immigrant Legal Resource Center (ILRC) is seeking a full-time Training Coordinator based in our San Francisco office. This is a non-exempt position that reports to the Marketing Manager.
The ILRC is a national nonprofit legal support center located in San Francisco, California and Washington D.C. The mission of the ILRC is to work with, educate, and enhance the capacity of immigrants, community organizations, and the legal sector, in order to build a democratic society that values diversity, dignity, and the rights of all people. Founded in 1979, the ILRC is regarded as one of the foremost experts on engaging immigrants and developing their leadership in the democratic process, providing expertise on complex issues of immigration law, procedure and policy, and engaging in advocacy and educational initiatives on policies that affect immigrants. We are a team-based organization that makes most of its decisions in a collaborative fashion that allows for significant staff input.
The Training Coordinator supports the ILRC’s educational mission, enhances our earned revenue efforts, and raises the profile of the organization. The Training Coordinator plays a key coordination and logistical role in helping to carry out current and long-term strategies for promoting our training products and working within established internal structures to support product development, delivery, and future growth. Our product offerings include publications, seminars, webinars, recorded webinars, and technical assistance consultations.
Job Responsibilities: The Training Coordinator is a hands-on position supporting the development and implementation of the ILRC’s marketing programs for earned revenue training products. Specific responsibilities include:
Education & Seminar Program Coordination
- Support the work of ILRC attorney trainers, volunteer trainers, and the ILRC Marketing Manager for in-person seminars, live webinars, and other training events.
- Function as an event coordinator for ILRC educational events, including in-person seminars, live webinars, and affiliated programs conducted by third-party organizations.
- Support the implementation of ILRC’s comprehensive training program, including website content updates and managing customer inquiries.
- Manage the entire process of editing and synthesizing PowerPoint presentations and other materials/handouts provided by attorneys and guest presenters, as part of our webinar and seminar programs.
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of all training programs, including staffing on-site registration, sales support, and customer service.
- Interact with vendors, including facility rentals, printers, caterers, among others.
- Ensure quality customer relations by implementing evaluation tools and methods, including gathering and tracking customer feedback, answering customer inquiries, manage and respond to Education Program inquires line and provide referrals when appropriate. This also includes compiling survey data collected from customers and sharing it with attorneys and other trainers.
- Produce pre-recorded trainings and podcasts on various areas of immigration law. This involves editing scripts, filming and/or recording, and editing for final delivery.
- Maintain accurate record keeping and database systems including inputting and managing database entry, reporting, tracking seminar attendance, etc. maintain hard copy files as necessary.
- Assist with the management of Education program budget, track program expenses, and provide regular reports as requested.
- Research and keep abreast of trends in other educational systems and educational providers, networks, products and services.
- Work in coordination with Education, Legal and Finance teams to track and maintain Legal Staff’s training reports, provide accurate reporting information for grant reports, and coordinate necessary mailings.
Marketing and Sales Customer Relations and Development
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of the agency’s marketing/sales client acquisition strategies, in accordance with the Education Team Annual Work Plan and under the supervision of the Marketing Manager.
- Represent ILRC at events, including ILRC-sponsored seminars and other training-related events.
- Provide customer service on a full range of client inquiries, including request for support or information about ILRC’s products and services, order status, and technical issues related to webinars.
- Provide additional administrative support as needed.
- Perform any other duties as necessary.
- A minimum of two years of event coordination experience, including the ability to manage logistics for training events and conferences.
- Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Reliable, punctual, accountable, and a good communicator.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of team, to be flexible and learn new skills quickly.
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated effectiveness with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, and content management systems.
- Video and audio podcast editing experience is preferred.
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong project management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple work streams.
- Ability to travel locally and domestically throughout the year.
- Manage and work within budget and timeline goals, with an ability to complete work efficiently and communicate risks as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize work in the face of many demands on one's time.
- Proven problem-solving skills with a solutions-oriented focus and a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work cooperatively with ILRC staff attorneys, administrative staff, Board, ILRC customers and vendors, and other ILRC stakeholders.
- One to two years of customer service experience responding to customer inquiries, fielding questions about orders, and providing technical support to participants before, during, and after webinars and seminars is preferred.
The annual pay range for this non-exempt position is $50,000 - $55,000. The ILRC offers excellent benefits, health/dental/vision insurance, a flexible spending account for medical and dependent care, vacation, and sick leave. The ILRC also sponsors a retirement plan option upon fulfillment of eligibility.
This position will remain open until filled. To ensure consideration, please submit a cover letter explaining your qualifications for and interest in the position, a resume, and the names of three references. Please send your applications to:
Training Coordinator Hiring Committee
Email: job_training [at] ilrc.org
Fax: (415) 255-9792 (no calls, please)
Mail: Immigrant Legal Resource Center, 1663 Mission Street, Suite 602, San Francisco, CA 94103
The ILRC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals to apply.