The VAWA Manual: Immigration Relief for Abused Immigrants is a completely updated edition of our popular, comprehensive guide for advocates working with immigrant survivors of domestic violence.
Consisting of 11 chapters, this manual includes in-depth information on the following critical immigration issues under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA):
- VAWA self-petitioning requirements and process
- Adjustment of status for VAWA self-petitioners
- Inadmissibility grounds and waivers for VAWA self-petitioners
- Removal proceedings and motions to reopen under VAWA
- VAWA cancellation of removal
- Consular processing for VAWA self-petitioners
- Conditional permanent residency including domestic violence-related waivers of the joint filing requirement
Also featured are practical tips for working with immigrant survivors of domestic violence, assembling and documenting strong immigration petitions and applications, and extensive appendices of USCIS policy guidance, sample applications, fee waiver requests, declarations, and more.